Users accessing a Teradata Database system may be authenticated by Kerberos through either a Windows Kerberos or MIT Kerberos KDC. MIT Kerberos KDCs are supported only on Linux.
KDCs must be configured as shown in:
- Setting Up Kerberos for Teradata on a Windows Kerberos KDC
- Setting Up Kerberos on a Linux MIT Kerberos KDC
System conditions affect how you set up a KDC for Kerberos authentication.
- If multiple KDCs can authenticate Teradata Database users, and the KDCs are in separate domains, you must configure a KDC in each domain.
- If Kerberos-authenticated users can access more than one Teradata Database system, you must configure all Teradata Database systems on each KDC you configure.
- If users log on through Unity you must configure each Unity server on each KDC you configure. If the Unity servers are in different domains, they must trust each other.