Integrity is an automated checksum routine that the system uses to guarantee that data is not altered during transmission between a Teradata Database system and its clients.
You can create a integrity policies that require use of a specific hash algorithm for the checksum routine, and apply the policies by user, profile, or network group.
To configure an integrity QOP policy:
- Examine the TdgssUserConfigFile.xml and make sure that the QOP entries are enabled and set according to your requirements. See Working with Quality of Protection Options.
- Create the integrity QOP container. See Creating the integ-qops Container.
- Create the needed integrity QOP objects. See Creating Integrity QOP Objects in the integ-qops Container.
- Add members to each integrity QOP to apply QOP policy. Assigning Members to an Integrity QOP Policy.
- Optionally remove members from an integrity QOP. See Removing Members from an Integrity QOP.