If the directory offers more than one realm and the system uses DIGEST-MD5 binding, you must use this property to identify the default SASL realm that the directory server should use for authentication. The system ignores this property if it uses simple binding.
Directory users that log on to Teradata Database must inhabit the specified realm.
If a user specifies a realm in the logon string, in the form .logdata realm=realm, the logon specification overrides the setting for this property.
- “” (default), that is, the property does not specify a realm
- A valid SASL realm that the authenticating directory server offers
Supporting Mechanisms for LdapServerRealm
|KRB5||May Be Edited|
- If the directory server offers multiple SASL realms, you must set the value of this property to identify the default realm name.
- Edit this property on database nodes and on the Unity server, if used. Also see Coordinating Mechanism Property Values.
- If the directory offers only one realm, you do not need to set a value.