This property determines whether a mechanism is available for use.
|yes (the default except PROXY)||The mechanism is available for use.|
|no (the default for PROXY only)||The mechanism is not available for use|
Supporting Mechanisms for MechanismEnabled
Mechanisms that are not listed in the table do not support this property. The Property Editable column indicates if the setting for a property may be edited.
|TD2||May Be Edited|
- If you disable a mechanism on the Teradata Database system or on the Unity server (if used), it is unavailable for use, even if the mechanism is enabled on Teradata clients.
- When using Unity, all mechanisms enabled on the Unity server must also be enabled on all connected databases.
- You can disable a mechanism on a client to make it unavailable for only that client.If you disable a mechanism on a client, the mechanism does not appear in client application drop-down menus.
- To enable externally authenticated users to log on through Unity, you must copy the PROXY mechanism from the TdgssLibraryConfigFile.xml to the TdgssUserConfigFile.xml (Teradata Database) and to the Unity configuration file (Unity) and set the MechanismEnabled property to yes. Other TDGSS configuration changes are also required to support Unity. See Teradata Unity Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade Guide for Customers for information on configuring Unity.
- For TDNEGO, this property can be set independently at the client and Teradata Database server. To turn off TDNEGO, set MechanismEnabled to no on all Teradata Database servers (see Disabling TDNEGO for other properties that must be set to disable TDNEGO). If MechanismEnabled is turned off for a mechanism offered by TDNEGO, that mechanism will not be available to be offered by TDNEGO and will also not be available independently apart from TDNEGO.