- Only a TDGSS package is required on database nodes and Unity. Both the Teradata Database and Unity require Teradata Tools and Utilities (TTU) support and the client-side component of TDGSS is embedded in all client drivers.
- TDGSS is fully functional without further set up or configuration, if the default authentication mechanism (TD2) is used. For authentication and authorization requirements options, see Implementing User Authentication and Authorization.
- Review the external (non-Teradata Database) authentication and authorization options in Implementing User Authentication and Authorization. If you use any of the external authentication options, you may need to complete additional configuration tasks.
- Review the explanation of the TDGSS configuration files to ensure that you understand how they function. See TDGSS Configuration Files.
- Optionally use tools included with TDGSS for various security administration tasks. For a list of security-related tools, see Security Administration Tools.
For normal operation, there is no configuration requirement for the client side component of TDGSS. All configuration steps apply only to Unity and the Teradata Database.