You can use external authentication controls to:
- Disable external authentication and allow only Teradata Database authentication
- Enable both external authentication and Teradata Database authentication
- Disable Teradata Database authentication and allow only external authentication
The controls are set so that external authentication of users is globally enabled by default in the database, however in addition to the control settings, you must also do the following to use external authentication:
- GRANT LOGON...WITH NULL PASSWORD privileges to individual Teradata Database users who use external authentication
- Verify that the corresponding external authentication mechanism is enabled on each client (note, all mechanisms are enabled by default on the client, so this applies only if you change the default configuration on the client), each database system accessed by the client, and on all Unity servers through which database clients log on.