The UseLdapConfig property determines whether TDGSS uses the property values in the base mechanism configuration or the values in the <LdapConfig> section. You can use the LdapConfig section to configure:
- User authentication by multiple directory services. See Configuring LDAP to Use Multiple Directory Services.
- Security policies. See Network Security Policy.
Default Property Value
The default value is no.
|no (default)||TDGSS uses the configuration contained in the base mechanism.|
|yes||TDGSS uses the configuration contained in the LdapConfig section|
Supporting Mechanisms for UseLdapConfig
Mechanisms that are not listed in the table do not support this property. The Property Editable column indicates if the setting for a property may be edited.
|KRB5||May Be Edited|
|TDNEGO||Do Not Edit|
- The UseLdapConfig property appears by default in the TdgssLibraryConfigFile.xml. If you want to use the property you must copy the property into the TdgssUserConfigFile.xml for each mechanism through which users may need to be authenticated/authorized by multiple directory services, and reset the value to yes.
- You can configure this property on database nodes and on Unity. Also see Coordinating Mechanism Property Values.
- If you import the UseLdapConfig property into the TdgssUserConfigFile.xml and reset the value to yes, the TdgssUserConfigFile.xml must contain a valid <LdapConfig> section or logons fail. For configuration information, see Creating the <LdapConfig> Section in the TdgssUserConfigFile.xml.