After you set up trusted sessions, logons by end-users proceed as follows:
- An application defined as a trusted user logs on to Teradata Database as a permanent database user, and creates a connection pool.
- An application end user (defined as a proxy user) logs on and is authenticated by the application.
- The proxy user requests a service that requires access to Teradata Database.
- The application gets a connection from the pool and issues a SET QUERY_BAND, which identifies the PROXYUSER and sets the role and query band duration, establishing a trusted session.
- The database authorizes proxy user privileges in the database based on the role(s) assigned to the user.
- Teradata Database records the proxy user identity in all access and query log entries.
- A trusted session persists for the life of the query band.