- Evaluate authentication and authorization options and devise a strategy. See:
- Enable external authentication, if required. See:
- If you decide to use Kerberos authentication (KRB5 or SPNEGO mechanism), complete the required setup. See Working with Kerberos Authentication.
- If you decide to authenticate and/or authorize users in an LDAPv3-compliant directory, see the chapters beginning with Directory Management of Database Users, and follow the setup instructions for the options you choose to implement.
- Understand logon format requirements associated with various authentication and authorization methods. See Logging on to Teradata Database.
For information about authentication options for mainframe-based users, see Using External Authentication from Mainframe Clients.