- In the Data Source Explorer or Navigator, click to create a new connection.
- From Connection Profile Types, select Aster . To filter the list of databases shown in Connection Profile Types, type a filter key (for example Aster) to reduce the list to a subset of database types that match your filter criteria.
- At Name, type a name to identify the connection profile.
- [Optional] At Description, type a description of this Connection Profile.
- Click Next.
- Select a driver from Select a driver from the drop-down. The Aster Embedded JDBC Driver template is selected as the default JDBC driver template. If you need to create a new Aster JDBC driver template, click .
- [Optional] Check Set Up SSO Connection to create a connection to an SSO-enabled Aster database server.
- At Database Server Name, type the host name running the Aster Database.
- At User Name, type the user name for the connection.
- At Password, type the password for the connection.
- Accept the default Port Number or type a different port number.
- In Database Name, type the name of the database to which this profile connects. Your connection requires that a default database be set when a user logs on. The default database for Aster Database is beehive.
- Select Save Password to save the password. The password is valid for the workbench session.
If you selected Set Up SSO Connection:
- Type the KDC required to connect to the database server.
- Type the Domain Name required to connect to the database server.
- Type the Service Name required to connect to the database server.
- Click Browse and add the location of the JAAS Login Configuration file.
- In JDBC Connection Properties, accept the default properties or add and remove JDBC connection properties to specify the connection details for the profile.
- [Optional] Click Cache Properties to open the Schema Cache Properties dialog and select the schemas to cache.
- [Optional] Click Delete Cache Files and confirm to delete cache files.
Specify when to connect :
Option Description Connect when the wizard completes Connect to the database when you complete the profile. Connect every time the workbench is started Connect to this database each time you launch the workbench.
- Click Next to view the Summary information.
- Click Finish to create the connection profile.