You can use the Table Data Editor to display and edit database tables that contain XML data types. The Table Data Editor provides a special XML Editor for this type of data.
- Select a table in your database that contains the XML data type. XML data type objects are stored as single objects in separate rows within the table.
- Right-click the table and select You can open several tables in the editor in this way and move between them by clicking the tabs at the top of the editor. .
- Review the table. Any XML data displays in the XML column of the table and is visible in the Table Data Editor.
- Locate the object you want to edit and select the row for that object. An XML data type object is represented by the handle to the stored XML data. When you select the object, the row highlights, and an ellipses () displays at the right end of the row.
- Click the ellipses () to open the XML Editor.
- Review and edit the data displayed in the editor. You can edit directly in the editor or you can export the XML data to a text file to review and edit the data, and then import that data back to the XML Editor.
- In Encoding, select the encoding standard to use from the list.
- Click OK to save your changes.