The Aster Database includes scripts for analytical function templates that you can insert into the SQL Editor.
- Select a connection profile that connects to an Aster Database.
- Click Query Development and launch the SQL Editor. The SQL Editor, Result Set Viewer, and Teradata SQL History views open.
- In the main toolbar, select The Show View dialog opens.
Scroll up to General and select TemplatesView which is located at the bottom of the list.
The Templates View opens below the SQL Editor. You can drag and dock the view in the left pane beside the Data Source Explorer to see the full list easily.
- Select a function in the Templates View and preview the script text in the Preview area below the view.
- Drag and drop the selected Aster function into the SQL Editor to insert it. The text for the Aster analytical function displays at the point you drop it in the SQL Editor script.
- Substitute your values for the template variables and execute the script.