You can use the Table Data Editor to display and edit tables that contain character data. A large text data table contains large amounts of character data stored as VARCHAR data type. The Table Data Editor provides a special Large Text Editor for this type of data.
- Select a table that contains large rows of character data (VARCHAR) in your database. Data is stored as single objects in separate rows.
- Right-click the table and select You can open several tables in the editor in this way and move between them by clicking the tabs at the top of the editor. .
- The large text data displays in the VARCHAR column in the Table Data Editor.
- Locate the row you want to edit and select it. The table row highlights, and an ellipses () displays at the right end of the row.
- Click the ellipses () to open the Large Text Editor.
- Review and edit the data displayed in the editor. You can edit directly in the editor or you can export the VARCHAR or CHAR data to a Microsoft Word or text file to review and edit the data, and then import that data back to the Large Text Editor.
- Click OK to save your changes to the object.