The Teradata SQL Editor supports:
- Teradata Database connection profiles
- Aster Database connection profiles
- Hadoop File System connection profiles with JDBC enabled
If you are working with SQL files located on a different type of database, such as Oracle or MS SQL Server, you must work in the SQL File Editor.
Do one of the following:
- In Project Explorer, right-click the SQL folder.
- Open the SQL Editor and right-click in the main editor pane.
- Select The .Editor Selection dialog displays.
- Select SQL File Editor.
- Click OK.
- Under Connection Profile, select the Type of database for this connection; for example, Oracle_10 or SQL Server_2005.
- Select the Name of the connection profile from the list. Only existing connection profiles display in the list.
- Select the Database name from the list. Aster and Hadoop have no database name.
- Verify the status of the profile you selected. Status information displays to the right of the Database name. If no connection profile exists for a particular profile type, the Name and Database fields are blank.