- Open the Data Transfer perspective.
- Select a Teradata or Aster table in the Data Source Explorer as the destination table.
- Right-click the table and select .
- In the Data Transfer Wizard, select External File as the Source Type.
- Click Launch. The Load Data Wizard opens.
- At Input File, type the directory path and name of the file that contains the data you want to import. To find a file in your file system, click Browse, select the file, and click Open.
In File Type, select one of the following options:
Option Description Delimited Text Text file that uses delimiters to separate data; such as, commas or semicolons in a TXT or CSV file. Excel (.xlsx) Microsoft Excel file with.xlsx file extension. This is not available for Hadoop. Excel 87-2003 (.xls) Microsoft Excel file with.xls file extension. This is not available for Hadoop.
- [Optional] Select Column Labels in First Row to use the first row of data as the column labels for the new table.
- Select Stop Loading If Max Error(s) Occur and specify the maximum number of errors allowed before the Load operation stops.
- [Optional] Select Lock Table to lock the source and destination tables during the Load operation.
- [Optional] Select Replace Existing Data to specify that data in the source file replaces any existing data in the destination file.
Complete the File Options.
For example, if you selected Delimited Text, complete the following fields:
In Column Delimiter, select the delimiter that you want used to separate data.
- Comma — Uses commas (,) to separate data in destination file
- Semicolon — Uses semicolons (;) to separate data in destination file
- Space — Uses blank spaces to separate data in destination file
- Tab — Uses Tabs to separate data in destination file
- Fixed Width — Uses fixed width columns to separate data. Specify in Fixed Width Columns a numeric value for the fixed column width.
- I — Inserts a vertical bar (I) to separate data
- Select the Character String Delimiter to use to distinguish string text. The options are " (double-quotes), ' (single quote), or None.
In Line Separator, select one of the following options based on the operating system from which the data is imported. This option enables you to import files with only Carriage Returns (CR), only LineFeeds (LF), or both Carriage Returns and LineFeeds (CR and LF).
- Windows OS (CR and LF)
- Prior to Mac OS X v10.0 (CR)
- Unix, Linux, Mac OS X v10.0 and above (LF)
- In File Encoding, select the character set to use to encode the data. The options are: UTF-8, utf-16, ISO-8859-1, UTF-16BE, UTF-16LE, US-ASCB, Cp1252.
- In Start Loading At Row Number, type the table row number at which you want the wizard to start loading data. This option does not apply to Hadoop. A sample of the input file based on the options you select displays below the File Options. If you change the values selected in File Options fields, the sample row display also changes.
- In Column Delimiter, select the delimiter that you want used to separate data.
- Click Finish. The wizard returns you to the Transfer History View where you can view the report on the Load operation success or failure.