The system determines the account for a user when the user logs on as follows:
- If the user is assigned only one account, the logon uses that account by default.
- If the user is assigned multiple accounts and the default account (the first listed in the operant user or profile definition) is appropriate for the session, the logon need not contain the account string.
- If the user has multiple accounts and does not want to use the default, the logon string can specify another assigned account.
- During a session, the user can submit a SET SESSION ACCOUNT statement to change the session to another assigned account.
- If the user has no account assignment, the session defaults to the first account listed for the owning user or database. Such a use of default owner accounts is not recommended.