To control a query:
- In the Query Monitor portlet, click on the session with the identified bad query.
The Details view appears.
- You can use the Tools menu to:
Use the following guidelines when considering whether to abort a session:
- Change the query priority
- Abort the query
- Abort and log off the session
- Do not abort the session if it is still running other queries.
- If the session is not running other queries:
- If the query is a SELECT statement, you can safely abort the query.
- If the query includes an INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, or other statement that changes data, aborting a partially completed query may cause data problems.