- Console Utility to Workload Mapping
- Lists each console utility, and you can specify a workload to apply it to. By default, the console utility runs in that workload.
- Performance Group to Workload Mapping
- Lists each legacy performance group (H, L, M, and R), and you can choose the workload name to apply it to. The console utility runs in this workload when the user sets the utility to run in the performance group using the priority statement. For example Priority = H.
- If a priority is specified, the utility runs under the workload specified for that priority in Performance Group to Workload Mapping.
- If no priority is specified, the utility runs under the workload specified in Console Utility to Workload Mapping.
- If no workload is specified, the utility runs under the WD-Default workload.
Under most circumstances, console utilities are considered Timeshare Low or Timeshare Medium work. The Query Session console utility, however, is given medium or high priority because it is interactive. The increased priority may be beneficial because DBAs often use Query Session to look at active sessions when a system is resource-constrained.