- Add or replace a global name value pair that is used to define the server object
- Add an IMPORT or EXPORT table operator. If you want to replace a table operator that is already associated with the foreign server you must first drop the table operator before adding the new one.
- The External Name Value pair or pairs (LINK and VERSION) you want to add or modify.
The name value pair or pairs define the properties of the foreign server. The name value pairs are defined in the QueryGrid portlet. You can create separate named link configurations for unique sets of properties and you can create different versions (active, pending, previous) of the links. For more information, see Teradata Connector and Link Properties.
You can change the External Name Value pairs in ALTER FOREIGN SERVER. If you want to modify the properties of the named link, use the QueryGrid portlet.
- In the description of the name value pairs:
- The label "Server only" indicates that the name value pair must follow the syntax ADD name('value').
- The label "Import only" indicates that the name value pair must be specified after the IMPORT keyword.
- The label "Export only" indicates that the name value pair must be specified after the EXPORT keyword.
- Unlabeled name value pairs may be specified in any part of the ADD syntax. If specified as ADD name('value'), the name value pair will be applied to the server as a whole.
- Indicates that you are going to act on the operator that is used to import data into Teradata Database.
- Indicates that you are going to act on the operator that is used to export data out of Teradata Database.
- The name of the table operator that you want to use.
- For more information about the table operators used with the server object, see CREATE FOREIGN SERVER.