On systems with Viewpoint 16.10, use the following procedure to complete the installation of the Teradata connector components.
When you add a connector to a fabric, QueryGrid performs the following tasks on the Teradata Database initiating nodes in the system:
- Creates the directories required for completing the installation
- Installs the Teradata connector package. The Teradata connector package includes a stored procedure that provides a simple interface for executing basic SQL queries
The procedure includes the following:
- Running an installation script to unpack and distribute the Teradata connector package components
- Additional setup steps
- Log on to a Teradata QueryGrid Manager TMS, VM, or server. The QueryGrid Manager TMS, VM, or server can be part of a cluster.
- Run the following script at the prompt as root or the tdqgm user: /opt/teradata/tdqgm/bin/tdqg.sh install-connector
- From Connectors, enter the number for the Teradata connector.
- From Connector Version, enter the number for the Active or Pending version.
- From Driver Nodes, enter the number of the driver node you want to use to perform the installation.
- In Connector Properties, provide the administrator credentials, such as dbc and the password, for the initiating Teradata Database system.
Enter the appropriate number for the mode the Teradata Database system is running in (TERA or ANSI).
The mode determines how a stored procedure can be run.The Teradata connector components are installed.
[Optional] Verify that the stored procedure is installed on the Teradata Database nodes.
- Log on as an Administrator, such as DBC, of the initiating Teradata Database system.
Create the related foreign server.
CREATE FOREIGN SERVER target_server_name_efssp EXTERNAL SECURITY DEFINER TRUSTED target_server_auth USING LINK('linkname') VERSION ('version’) DO IMPORT WITH TD_SYSFNLIB.QGExecuteForeignQuery;
From database td_server_db, grant the SELECT privilege on the target server to initiating end users.
GRANT SELECT on td_server_db.target_server_name_efssp to initiating_end_user;
Submit the DDL or DCL query on the target system.
.logon initiating_end_user, initiating_end_user CALL SYSLIB.ExecuteForeignSQL(‘DDL’, ‘target_server_name_efssp’);