- Access the web page of the managing CMIC.
From the web page of the managing CMIC, select
.The CMIC configuration of the managing CMIC opens in the CMIC Configuration Editor.
- Locate the cabinet entry to which you are adding a chassis.
- Place the cursor where the new chassis entry is to go.The ID of the inserted chassis must match the physical location within the cabinet.
From the Insert Chassis
Template drop-down list, select the chassis to be added:
Chassis Template Data Domain DD6800 Storage System Disk Array DD6800 Data Domain DD9300 Storage System Disk Array DD9300The chassis entry is pasted into the CMIC configuration.
- Remove the comment symbols preceding (<!--) and following (-->) the chassis entry.
Change the chassis ID number (the symbols and text shown
between quotation marks below) to the correct number for the new chassis.
<Chassis idnum=”### INSERT CHASSIS NUMBER ###”>
- To validate the syntax, click then OK.
- To transfer (put) the CMIC configuration to the managing CMIC, click then OK.
- To save the CMIC configuration to a backup location, click then Save.Use a backup location that is not on the server you are logged into. The file is saved to the directory using the default file name and format, which is CMICConfig_SystemID_CollectiveID_CabinetID_CMICChassisID.xml. For example, CMICConfig_1_90_1_6.xml.