The Data Mover portlet package must be installed on Teradata Viewpoint server to allow Teradata Viewpoint Administrators configure and manage one or more Datamover Daemons.
- tdmportlets-17.11.xx.xx-1.noarch.tar.gz is the compressed file for Teradata Data Mover version 17.11.xx.xx portlets. It contains the packages for the "Data Mover" and "Data Mover Setup" portlets that must be installed on the Teradata Viewpoint managed server.
- For an existing version of the Teradata Data Mover portlets on the Viewpoint managed server, the portlet must be uninstalled before installing the new version.
- You can only install the Teradata Data Mover portlets on the Viewpoint managed server as the root user.
- Uncompress the tdmportlets-17.11.xx.xx-1.noarch.tar.gz file using this command:
# gunzip -c tdmportlets-17.11.xx.xx-1.noarch.tar.gz | tar xvf -
- Uninstall the previous version of the Data Mover portlet using the following command:
# rpm -e tdmportlets
- Install the Teradata Data Mover portlets by running the following command:
# rpm -Uvh tdmportlets__linux_noarch.17.11.xx.xx-1.rpm
- Type the following at the command prompt:# rpm -qa | grep tdmportlets. If tdmportlets-17.11.xx.xx-1 is included in the output then the Data Mover portlets were installed correctly.
- Teradata recommends to restart all Viewpoint services after Datamover portlet installation though viewpoint refreshes portlet libraries automatically without restart.