- Close all active Windows programs and disable any virus protection software running on the client computer.
- Select your installation method:For a list of products and the media/package each one resides on, see Software Packages/DVD Contents.
Installation Method Step Installation media Insert the appropriate media into the drive.If the Welcome dialog box does not appear shortly after the media is inserted, use Windows Explorer to navigate to the main folder of the media. Double-click setup.bat to start the installation process. Downloaded package
- Unzip the file of the package you're ready to install (for example, BCD0-1971-0000).
- Select one of the following methods:
- Go to the main folder (for example, Database_Mgmt) and double-click setup.bat.
- To create an installation log file, perform the following steps:
- Be sure the folder where the setup.exe file is located is writable (for example, Database_Mgmt\Windows\TTU.
- From a command prompt, change directory to the folder where the setup.exe file is located.
- Run either of the following commands:
- setup.exe /debuglog
A log file named InstallShield.log will be created in the folder where the setup.exe file is located.
- setup.exe /debuglog"path\filename"
where path is the path (absolute or relative) where you want the log file to be created and filename is the name of the log file. Be sure to add the quote marks ("").
- setup.exe /debuglog
- In the Welcome to Teradata Tools and Utilities dialog box, click Install Product.
- Select the installation language, then click Next.
- In the Welcome dialog box, click Next.
- Read and accept the license agreement, then click Next.
- Click Next to install to the default directory; to change directories, click Browse.
- In the Select Features dialog box, select the products that you want to install.The checkbox for Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) Driver for Teradata is always selected and you cannot deselect it because this product is always installed.
- Choose whether you want the installation process to uninstall previous versions of the following products:
- Teradata Administrator
- Teradata Index Wizard
- Teradata Performance Monitor Object
- Teradata Query Scheduler
- Teradata SQL Assistant
- Teradata Statistics Wizard
- Teradata System Emulation Tool
- Teradata Visual Explain
- Teradata Workload Analyzer
At the bottom of the Select Features dialog box, the Uninstall previous versions checkbox is selected by default. If you leave it selected, these products will be uninstalled. If you deselect it, these products will remain on the system.
- Click Install.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
- Click Exit to dismiss the Welcome dialog box.
- Remove the media from the drive.Beginning with Teradata Tools and Utilities 14.10, you can start Teradata Wallet from the Start menu.
When you install Teradata Tools and Utilities products from media or the downloaded installation package, all dependent products for your selection are installed automatically. On a 64-bit system, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the dependent products are installed.