- Close all active Windows programs and disable any virus protection software running on the client computer.
- Uninstall previous versions of the Teradata Tools and Utilities software.
- If the installation source files are not on the system disk, insert the appropriate media.
- From a command prompt, change directory to \Windows\TTU\.
- Run the batch file:
- silent_install.bat "PRODUCT" <installDir=prefix>
The installDir parameter is optional. If specified, then the prefix is the drive or folder for installation. All Suites of the same release (for example, 15.10) are installed to the same prefix. If the installDir parameter is not specified, the default prefix is C:\Program Files [or C:\Program Files (x86)]. Because products from the same release must be installed to the same prefix, if a product has already been installed to a different prefix, the prefix entered here is ignored.
For a list of PRODUCT parameter values and other details about the command syntax to run the batch file, see Product Parameter Values for Use With Batch Files.Some products include a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version. On a 32-bit system, only the 32-bit version of the product is installed. On a 64-bit system, both versions of the product are installed.Beginning with Teradata Tools and Utilities 14.10, you can start Teradata Wallet from the Start menu.
You can use a single DOS command to silently install Teradata Tools and Utilities products for a particular suite.
For a list of products and the media/package each one resides on, see Software Packages/DVD Contents.