Argument Types and Rules
Teradata Vantage™ XML Data Type
- Teradata Vantage
- Teradata Database
- Teradata Vantage NewSQL Engine
- Programming Reference
XML_value_expr should be of XML type.
- The element to be constructed will have a name derived by applying the rules in the ANSI SQL/XML specification that results in an XML 1.1 QName.
- If XML element content is provided, you cannot have an attribute named "xsi:nil" (where xsi maps to xml schema instance namespace identified by the namespace URI "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance").
- If XML element content is NULL, the result value is dictated by the XML content option. If XML content option is not specified, the default is EMPTY ON NULL. If XML element content is NULL and XML content option is:
- NULL ON NULL, NULL is returned
- ABSENT ON NULL, an empty XQuery sequence is returned
- NIL ON NULL, an attribute xsi:nil=true is added to the element being constructed (xsi being the prefix associated with xml schema instance schema)
- EMPTY ON NULL, an empty element is constructed according to the rest of the parameters (such as name, namespaces, or attributes) and returned
- If the XML element content is a sequence made up solely of nodes other than text and element nodes, and XML content option is NIL ON NO CONTENT, an attribute xsi:nil=true is added to the element being constructed.