- Verify the DSC vSwitch is using at least a 10 GB network adapter.
- Verify the Teradata Viewpoint vNode is deployed at the same time as DSC.
- Verify a backup location is established. For more information, see the Data Stream Utility Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade Guide for Customers and refer to Configuring Storage Devices and Ports.
- Ensure users in the Teradata Viewpoint role have been granted permission to use the BAR Setup portlet as they will be using the portlet to configure the BAR system.
- After DSC has been deployed, configure the DSC settings. See Configuring DSC Settings.
The TPA and DSC vNodes are preconfigured as media servers. We recommend using the media servers on the TPA vNodes to back up and restore the Teradata Database, and the media server on the DSC vNode to back up and restore the DSC repository for metadata.
For the default DSC credentials, see Default Passwords.