The Server Management image incorporates both operating system and application updates. So there is no need to upgrade the operating system separately before upgrading Server Management.
The upgrade process results in a reboot of Server Management.
When performing a major upgrade, you must instead redeploy the system. Installing and Configuring Teradata Database on VMware
- Download the required upgrade bundles. The upgrade bundle is a CMIC image (cmicimage.cif).
- Log on as user root to the virtual or public cloud system where Teradata Viewpoint is installed.
- Unzip the Server Management bundle to /var/opt/teradata/packages.
- Pass the update utility the CMIC primary IP address and the upgrade image details: cmicimageupdate --cmic IPaddress --image cmicimage.version.cif
- Enter yes to proceed with the Server Management upgrade. The upgrade process runs, and Server Management reboots.