Before installing software, you must prepare the host nodes, including configuring virtual disks, datastores, and network connections.
You must have a Teradata Support account (https://access.teradata.com) to submit incidents and download software patches.
You must have a product license that entitles you to use the Teradata software. For information on activating your license, see Teradata® Entitlement Management System (EMS) Customer User Guide.
- Configuring hardware in preparation for installing Teradata Database on VMware.
- Managing vSphere, vCenter, and ESXi technology.
- Terms such as standard switches, datastores, VM templates, ova, ovf, and so forth.
- Network setup for Teradata Database nodes for a bare metal installation and how it relates to a vSphere installation.
- Software applications that access Teradata Database for development, testing, or production.
- Teradata Database configurations including terminology. See VMware and Teradata Terminology.