ROUND functions as follows:
- It rounds places_value places to the right of the decimal point if places_value is positive.
- It rounds places_value places to the left of the decimal point if places_value is negative.
- It rounds to 0 places if places_value is zero or is omitted.
- If numeric_value or places_value is NULL, the function returns NULL.
- ROUND rounds the value away from zero and it only rounds when the next digit is a value of 5 or greater.
The rounding behavior always follows the above formula regardless of the setting of the DBS Control Record RoundHalfWayMagUp field. That is, the rounding behavior always functions as if the RoundHalfWayMagUp field is set to TRUE.