You must add one or more daemons in the Data Mover Setup portlet before you can monitor their work in the Data Mover portlet. You can only perform this procedure on a daemon that is currently operating. A daemon that is not currently operating cannot be saved in the Data Mover Setup portlet.
You can only monitor the daemon on one Viewpoint server. Monitoring the same daemon on more than one Viewpoint server is not supported and could create authentication and job permission issues. This restriction applies regardless of whether security management is currently enabled on the daemon or not.
- Click next to Daemons.
- Enter a Daemon Nickname.
- [Optional] Activate this daemon for monitoring by selecting Enable daemon.
- Enter the Daemon IP/DNS value.
- Enter the Broker Port value.
- Click Test Connection. If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. Verify the settings are correct and try again.
- [Optional] Enable QueryGrid Manager REST API by entering the QueryGrid 2.x Username and Password. This step is required if you want to create and monitor jobs using QueryGrid 2.x.
[Optional] Enable the Data Mover Setup and Data Mover portlets to use clustering when connecting to the daemon, by selecting Enabled in portlets and entering the Broker URL/Port value for the secondary JMS broker.
You must enter the broker URL and port in the format
where broker is the URL and port is the port number. For example: dm-agent:61616. The clustering field values must be set individually for each daemon.For more information about using a secondary JMS broker, see the section Configuring Automatic Failover in the Teradata Data Mover Installation, Configuration, and Upgrade Guide for Customers , B035-4102 .
[Optional] Use Teradata Ecosystem Manager logging by selecting a method for sending events from the
Teradata Ecosystem Manager Logging list.
Option Description NONE Does not send events to Teradata Ecosystem Manager or to a Data Mover event table. ONLY_REAL_TMSM Sends events to Teradata Ecosystem Manager. ONLY_INTERNAL_TMSM Sends events to an internal event table that Data Mover manages. BOTH Sends events to Teradata Ecosystem Manager and to an internal event table that Data Mover manages.
- [Optional] Enable Teradata Ecosystem Manager logging by entering the Logging Frequency value and selecting the units. This is the rate at which Data Mover sends log events to Teradata Ecosystem Manager in units per second when copying a table.
[Optional] From the Database Query Method list, select data dictionary view type.
Option Description DBC Base Views Offers better performance but is less secure DBC X/VX Views Offers better security, but has slower performance
- [Optional] To encrypt data sent from the database, select the Database to client encryption check box.
- [Optional] To enable repository synchronization for the master and slave servers, select the Use synchronization service check box. Repository synchronization ensures that all updates on the master are applied on the slave so that you can switch to the slave and continue running jobs when the master Data Mover server is unavailable. You must configure and launch the synchronization service on the master and slave servers in order to use the service.
[Optional] From the Compare DDL list, select whether to compare the DDL of source tables and views with those of their existing target tables and views. Views are compared only if their copyData attributes have been specified as true. The option you choose from this list is reflected as the default for the Compare DDL field in the Job Settings tab when you create a job.
Option Description Unspecified Default. True Compare the DDL of source tables and views to those of their corresponding target tables and views. False Do not compare the DDL of source tables and views to those of their corresponding target tables and views.
- [Optional] To set the default value for online archiving to be used in the Data Mover portlet, select the Online archive check box.
- [Optional] To set the default value to overwrite for jobs created in the Data Mover portlet, select the Overwrite existing objects check box.
- Click Apply.