From the Backup view, select one of the following:
Option Description Enable backup Create a daily backup. [Recommended] Backup Now Create an immediate backup in the defined location. Use only when needed.
- [Optional] From the Daily Backup Time list, select a start time for a daily backup.
- From the Keep Backups For list, select the number of days to retain the backup.
Under Location, select one of the following options for backup files:
Option Description Local Backs up Teradata Viewpoint databases to the local server. Network Backs up Teradata Viewpoint databases to a networked file server to prevent data loss during catastrophic failure.
- If a postgres user has not been created on the NFS server with write access to the specified backup path, contact the Teradata System Administrator.
- Enter a Host to specify the host system name.
The host is the IP address or DNS name of the networked file server.
- Enter a Path to specify the absolute path name where the backups are stored on the host system.
For example, to run the command on Linux: mount <host>:<path>/path/to/local/mount/point
[Optional] Click Test to verify that the login settings are correct.
If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. Verify the settings are correct and try again.Click to view the result of the test.
- Click Apply.
- [Optional] To update the status of the backup, click next to Status. The throbber indicates the status of the backup in progress.
From the Backup view, a status displays. If the last backup was successful, the date, time, and size (MBs) displays.