Copying an existing shared page is useful when the majority of the page characteristics are applicable to another role.
You can change the role only before you save the copied page. If you change the role, review the shared page thoroughly to make sure the permissions of the new role are displaying the portlet content as you expected.
- From the Shared Pages portlet, select located on the row of the page you want to copy then select Copy Page.
Enter the new page name up to 30 characters.
Page names must be unique.
- Specify the page properties.
The page is accessible to users as soon as you select Create.
- [Optional] Edit the shared page.
[Optional] Configure settings not accessible to users in the target role.
For example, if a role is not given access to change what columns are displayed, you can configure the settings for each portlet to display specific columns that you determine are needed by the role.
- Select .
- Configure the settings for each portlet.
- Select Edit and preview to see how the page will appear to users in the target role.
Changes are committed and the new shared page appears in the summary view in the Shared Pages portlet.
Content, layout, and portlet setting changes are immediately available to users in the role. Read-only and mandatory pages automatically update the next time the user logs in or refreshes the page. Unrestricted pages must be added by the user from the add page list.