After a system has been configured in Teradata Viewpoint, data collectors can be configured to monitor the database.
The login values used by data collectors are established in the Monitored Systems portlet by selecting a system, and then selecting General from the Setup list, under the Login section.
- From the Systems list, click the name of the system you want to update.
- From the Setup list, click Data Collectors.
- Click the name of the data collector you want to configure.
- [Optional] Select the Enable data collector name Collector check box to enable the data collector to begin processing data.
- If Login appears, select the login you want to use to run the system task.
Under Sample Rate, select one of the following options:
Option Description Recommended sample rate Uses the default sample rate for a data collector. Custom sample rate Adjusts the recommended sample rate to your system requirements.
Under Delete Data, select one of the following options:
Teradata Viewpoint uses a retention policy to keep collected data for a time period or up to a certain size. For more information, see Data Collector Sample Rates.
Option Description Date
- Select the After check box to set the calendar retention period.
- Enter a number and select a calendar value.
- Select the Over check box to set the file size retention period.
- Enter a number and select a file size restriction.The size of the data actually retained by the collector is always larger than the specified number because data clean up only drops table partitions that exceed this number. A 1024 byte kilobyte is used, so 1 GB is actually 1,073,741,824 bytes.
- If the collector details include additional options, apply the appropriate settings.
- Click Apply.