You can change the resource allocation between multiple partitions and set fixed limits to prevent the partition from exceeding its allocation. If there are multiple planned environments, you can allocate a different level of resources for each planned environment. Resource consumption may differ from the allocation, based on activity on the system.
- Edit or create a ruleset.
- From the ruleset toolbar, click Workloads.
- Click the Partition Resources tab.
Drag the border of a partition in either direction to adjust the resource allocation for the partition.
To the right of a planned environment, click to edit the resource allocation for the planned environment.
- Set a percentage of resource allocation for each virtual partition in this planned environment. Total resource allocation must equal 100%.
- In Teradata Database 14.10, select the Enforce as a Fixed Limit check box for any virtual partition in this planned environment. Fixed limits restrict CPU and I/O in this virtual partition in this planned environment.
- Click OK.
- [Optional] Adjust the resource allocation for additional planned environments.
- Click Save.