Define a throttle for a workload when you create or edit a workload in the Workloads view. When you set a throttle for a workload, any query that is classified into this workload is subject to the throttle you create. You can set state-specific concurrency limits for workload throttles to override the default concurrency limit for a state.
- Edit or create a ruleset.
- From the ruleset toolbar, click Workloads.
- Select or create a workload.
- Click the Throttles tab.
Under Default Settings, do one of the following:
Concurrency Limit Description Unlimited Under Concurrency Limit, select Unlimited. Limited Under Concurrency Limit , enter a concurrency limit number in the box, and select either Delay or Reject.
[Optional] To override the default settings for a state, do the following:
- Next to a state name, click .
- Select Create State Specific Settings.
- If you do not want to limit the concurrent queries for this state, select Unlimited under Concurrency Limit.
- If you want to limit the concurrent queries for this state, enter a concurrency limit number in the box, and select either Delay or Reject.
- Click OK.
[Optional] If you have Teradata Database 14.10 with group throttles defined, select a group throttle from the list to change the group throttle membership.
- This workload must have a delay throttle defined.
- This workload cannot have a reject throttle defined.
- This workload can belong to only one group throttle.
- Click Save.