Alerts monitor the performance of a system and automatically take action when events occur. You can add, copy, and configure alerts, as well as migrate Teradata Manager alerts.
You can activate alert actions that send a notification, or take some other type of action, when a metric exceeds a threshold.
After you add alert action sets in the Alert Setup portlet, they appear in the Monitored Systems portlet.
The types of alert actions you can choose are:
- Send an Email
- Choose a defined email address and text message. Event information, such as date, time, event name, threshold, and actual value, is automatically added to the body of the email message.
- Run a Program
- Choose a program to execute (.exe).
- Run a BTEQ Script
- Choose a BTEQ script.
- Run a SQL Query
- Choose a SQL query.
- Notify SNMP System
- Choose an SNMP trap.
You can also choose one of the following alert actions for Teradata Database session alert types:
- Abort Session
- Abort the session for which an alert was detected. This action is only available for sessions.
- Lower Priority
- Set the priority of the session for which an alert was detected to the one specified in the New priority for lower priority action box, located under Data Collectors setup for Sessions.
- Notify session user
- Sends an email to notify the Teradata Database session user of the alert.
- Notify session proxy user
- Sends an email to notify the Teradata Database proxy session user of the alert.