- Edit or create a ruleset.
- From the ruleset toolbar, click Workloads.
- Select or create a workload.
- Click the Exceptions tab.
- Next to Exceptions, click .
- Enter a name.
- [Optional] Enter a description.
- Under Criteria, select an option from the list, click , and specify the additional required information. You can select and add multiple criteria. If you do so, all criteria must be satisfied for the exception to be triggered.
- For qualified criteria marked with *, enter a value in the Qualification Time box.
Under Actions, select one of the following actions to be performed when the specified criteria are met:
Action Description Notification Only Sends notification and takes no other action. Abort Stops the query. Abort Selects Only Stops the query only if it is a SELECT. Change Workload to Changes the query to the workload you select from the list.
This action is unavailable for Blocked Time or Elapsed Time.
[Optional] Under Notifications, enable any of the following options for the start or the end of the event:
Notification Description Send Alert Specifies the action to trigger. Run Program Specifies the Alerts registered programs to trigger. Post to QTable The string you enter is posted to the QTable.
- Click OK.