The General portlet allows a Teradata Viewpoint Administrator to set certain default settings for a Teradata Viewpoint server.
The locale is used to display content in the Viewpoint portal. Dates, times, and numbers are displayed in Viewpoint portlets in the format used by the selected locale. For example, the English (US) locale displays content in English and dates in a mm /dd /yy format. If the language pack for the selected locale is installed, all content appears in the selected language. If the language pack for the selected locale is not installed, content appears in English and dates, times, and numbers appear in the format for the selected locale.
Users can choose a different locale in the Profile portlet to override the default locale selection.
- Session Timeout
- Length of time a user account can remain idle before being logged out of the system. The default setting is 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Allow multiple sessions per login
- Allows a user to open two or more sessions using the same user name.
- Enable newly created shared portlets
- Shared portlets are automatically enabled upon creation.
- Require access via HTTPS
- Make sure Teradata Viewpoint is accessed over a secure connection.
- Allow autofill of username and passwords
- Allows the username and password fields to have their values automatically completed by the browser. This setting applies where users are prompted for login credentials to Teradata Viewpoint, as well as to the systems being monitored by Viewpoint.
- Display a message on the login screen
- Create and display a message at the bottom of the Teradata Viewpoint portal login page.
- Administrator Alerts
- Select an alert action for Viewpoint-generated alerts. Administrator Default is selected by default and sends an email to all users in the Administrator role. Instead of using the Administrator Default setting, you can select a custom action set that was created in the Alert Setup portlet.