- Edit or create a ruleset.
- From the ruleset toolbar, click Throttles.
- Next to System Throttle, click .
- Enter a name.
- [Optional] Enter a description.
Select a Rule Type option:
Option Description Collective Creates one queue for all matched queries. Select Collective if you want all users that meet the classification criteria treated as a group, with the group allowed a maximum number of queries. Individual Creates one queue for each object. Select Individual if you want to apply limits to each user individually. Member Creates one queue for each user. Select Member if you want accounts or profiles that represent user groups used as the classification criteria for the rule. Limits are placed on individuals in the group and no limit is placed on the account or group. Disable Manual Release or Abort Select Disable Manual Release or Abort to prevent Teradata Database Administrators from aborting or releasing throttled queries in the queue.
- Click Save.
- Click the Classification tab.
- Add and save classification criteria.
- Click the State Specific Settings tab.
Under Default Settings, do one of the following:
Concurrency Limit Description Unlimited Under Concurrency Limit, select Unlimited. Limited Under Concurrency Limit , enter a concurrency limit number in the box, and select either Delay or Reject.
[Optional] To override the default settings for a state, do the following:
- Next to a state name, click .
- Select Create State Specific Settings.
- If you do not want to limit the concurrent queries for this state, select Unlimited under Concurrency Limit.
- If you want to limit the concurrent queries for this state, enter a concurrency limit number in the box, and select either Delay or Reject.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.