Teradata Viewpoint monitors and collects system-specific information. After you add a managed system in Teradata Viewpoint, you can test the configuration settings and enable it.
- Click next to Systems.
Select Add Managed System and then the system type.
- Viewpoint/Other: Monitors managed systems for system-level metrics and collects information for Teradata Viewpoint servers.
- AppCenter: Monitors health and metrics for AppCenter.
- Unity Environment: Enables the Unity multisystem environment for use with the high availability feature of the Data Labs portlet. Only one Unity environment is supported, and the name of the managed server defaults to “Unity Environment." Before adding a Unity Environment to Monitored Systems, Unity must be installed and configured, and all Teradata systems managed by the Unity Environment must be added to Monitored Systems.
- Under General System Details, enter a system nickname, up to 30 characters.
- [Optional] Select the Enable system check box. If you cannot enable the managed system, contact the Teradata Viewpoint Administrator.
- Enter the host, login, and server information, depending on the type of managed system. For a Viewpoint system, the hostname is the IP address or host name of the system. The default values only need to be changed if you change the login and password settings during the installation of TMS Monitor.
- [Optional] Click Test to verify that the login settings are correct. If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. If you receive an error, verify that the login credentials are valid and the host can be reached.
- Click Apply. If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. If you receive an error, verify that the settings are correct and try again.