The Teradata Hadoop system must be added and the logins created before you can configure the data collectors to monitor the system.
- After installing the Hadoop CA certificate, restart Viewpoint.
- Click next to Systems and select Add Hadoop System.
- Under General System Details, enter a system nickname, up to 30 characters.
- [Optional] Select the Enable system check box. After it is enabled, the system starts collecting data.
- Enter the host ID of the Teradata Hadoop system. The host ID is the IP address or host name of the node running the Ambari service or Cloudera Manager on the Teradata Hadoop system. The port also needs to be specified if Ambari or Cloudera Manager is not running on port 80. For example, to indicate that Ambari or Cloudera Manager is running on node hadoop1 and listening on port 8081, enter hadoop1:8081 in this field.
- [Optional] Select the Use HTTPS check box. If you enable this check box, a secure connection between the Viewpoint server and the Teradata Hadoop system is established after you install a trusted root certificate on the Viewpoint server. For more information, see Certificates.
- [Optional] Enter the site ID assigned by Teradata Customer Services. After enabling a system, the Site ID becomes read-only if Viewpoint detects a value for the system.
Select one of the following platforms for this server:
This setting cannot be changed after you add the system.
Option Description Teradata Hadoop appliance Select this option if this is a Teradata Hadoop appliance. Licensed for Hadoop commodity system Select this option if this system is running on commodity hardware and you are licensed to monitor the system with Teradata Viewpoint.
- Enter a login name and password.
- [Optional] Click Test to verify that the login settings are correct. If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. If you receive an error, verify that the login credentials are valid and the host can be reached.
- [Optional] Under Collectors, select the check box to activate Hadoop data collectors in order to collect data on this system. The data collectors can be enabled and configured individually in Data Collectors.
- Click Apply. If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. If you receive an error, verify that the settings are correct and try again.
- Restart the Viewpoint GUI.
[Optional] Depending on the version of Teradata Hadoop you are using, you can do one of the following to change port default settings:
HDP Version Description
- HDP 2.1 and later
Under Ports, enter a different port number to change the default setting for the HBase Master UI, Namenode UI, or ResourceManager UI ports.
- HDP 1.3
Under Ports, enter a different port number to change the default setting for the Namenode UI, Jobtracker UI, or HBase Master UI ports.