You can insert the qualified name of a database object into a query in the query box using the object browser. A qualified object name is a name composed of more than one identifier, joined with the dot character (.). The identifiers together specify a database object with more precision than a single name.
- Position the cursor in the query box where you want to insert the object.
- Click the list next to the Load button and select Insert Object. The Object Browser opens, displaying the name of the connected Teradata Database system.
- Click next to the Teradata Database system name to expand the directory tree.
- [Optional] Enter filter criteria in the box under the Teradata Database system to find databases or users containing the criteria.
- Click next to the database object type in the tree to expand that sub-branch.
- [Optional] Enter filter criteria in the box under the object type to find objects containing the criteria.
- Click to highlight the object name.
- Click Insert Object to copy the qualified object name to the query box. The object name is inserted in the query box after the cursor location.
- Click Close.