The Lock Viewer view displays a summary of information about the database locks that have occurred in the last 5 minutes, 1 hour, 24 hours, or 1 week. Lock data is displayed in the table only after the lock contention is resolved. Real-time lock contention data is not available. The Teradata Viewpoint Administrator must enable the appropriate collectors to display data in the Lock Viewer view.
The following list describes the features in this view:
- System Selection
- Select the system whose lock information you want displayed.
- Time Frame Selection
- Select the time frame for which you want the lock information displayed.
- You can use the rewind feature with any time frame selection to retrieve lock data and compare it to data for a different date and time. You are less likely to see data for the last 5 minutes unless you use rewind.
- Changes the displayed data to show only rows that match your filter criteria. You can use the filters to search for locks in a specific database, caused by a specific user, or that are blocking a specific user.
- Summary Table
- Displays lock data for transaction identifiers, session identifiers, lock object identifiers, and global deadlocks. The table is configured in the Configure Columns dialog box. You can click a row in the table to see statistics and information about the delayed query.
- Table Actions
- Clear Filters removes any content in the filter boxes.
- Configure Columns allows you to choose the columns to display and set thresholds.
Export creates a .csv file containing all available data. If filters are used, only filtered data is exported.
For more information, see Summary Table Controls.