A period event is a planned event occurring on specific days and times, such as month-end financial processing. Use periodic events to manage events that happen on a recurring basis. To create an event that only sends out a notification, create the event, but do not assign it to any planned environment. When the event occurs, the notification action you specified is triggered.
- Edit or create a ruleset.
- From the ruleset toolbar, click States.
- Next to Planned Events, click .
- Next to Available Events, click .
- Select Period Event.
- Enter a name.
- [Optional] Enter a description.
- [Optional] Select Create New Corresponding Planned Environment to automatically create a planned environment that this event triggers.
- Select Day of Week or Day of Month, and click a single day or multiple days.
- [Optional] Select Month of Year, and click one or more months.
- [Optional] Select Start Time, and enter a start and end time.
- [Optional] Select Wrap around midnight to have a time frame spanning midnight for a period event.
[Optional] Under Configure Notifications, enable any of the following options for the start or the end of the event:
Notification Description Send Alert Specifies the action to trigger. Run Program Specifies the Alerts registered programs to trigger. Post to QTable The string you enter is posted to the QTable.
- Click OK.
- [Optional] Drag the event under a planned environment.
- Click Close.
- Click Save.