A ruleset for an Teradata Aster system is a collection of related throttles and workload rules. You can create multiple rulesets, but only one ruleset is active on the Teradata Aster system at a time. After creating a ruleset, you can use the toolbar buttons to specify settings, such as workloads. New rulesets are automatically locked so only the owner can edit the ruleset.
- From the Workload Designer view, select a system from the list.
- Click to the right of Local.
- Enter a name.
- [Optional] Enter a description.
- Click Save.
- [Optional] Click Throttles and create a throttle.
- [Optional] Click Workloads and create a workload.
Click to return to the Workload Designer view.
The new ruleset appears in the Working section.