Two types of cloning are available in the Workflows module. Shallow cloning creates a duplicate workflow for use in other calculation models where any sub-rules and sub-workflows (child items) are shared with the original workflow. Any changes made to those child items affect both the original and the cloned workflow. Deep cloning creates a copy of a workflow and all child items as a basis for a new workflow. Any changes made to the cloned child items do not affect the original workflow or its child items.
If you clone a workflow that includes workflow-level variables, the variables will be duplicated into the cloned workflow.
- Select .
- Select .
Select one of the following options:
Option Steps Create a workflow where the child items are shared with the original workflow
- Click SHALLOW CLONE.
- Enter a New workflow name then click CLONE WORKFLOW.
Create a complete workflow that includes copies of the child items
- Click DEEP CLONE.
- Enter a New workflow name then click NEXT
- Specify at least one child item naming scheme:
- Modify the Prefix that will be prepended to all child item names.
- Add a Suffix that will be appended to all child item names.
You must specify a naming scheme, either Prefix or Suffix. You can use both naming schemes.
- Click CLONE WORKFLOW.