- From the Workflows module, select the API node then select .
On the Integration details page, enter a unique Name, an optional Description, and select the direction for this data integration.
Direction Description Inbound Use to configure and import (ingest) data from an external system. Outbound Use to export (transfer) data to an external system.You can't change the Data direction after saving the data integration.
On the Connection page, select the API Connection for the integration.
This connection must already exist. See API Connections.
The system displays the applicable methods and endpoints from the selected Connection (as determined by the data integration direction).
On the Request page, select the database table for the API request body.
It can take up to 10 minutes for newly created databases to become available.
Direction Action Inbound
[Optional] In the Dynamic Parameters area, select a database Connection, Database, and key-value formatted Table that contains the dynamic parameters to use in the inbound API call.
- In the Source Connection area, select a database Connection, Database, and Table to use for the API request body.
- Specify how the data integration calls the API:
- Multiple (default): A separate API call for each entry
- Single: A single API call (as an array) for all entries
- In the Dynamic Parameters area, select the key-value formatted Table from the Source Connection that contains the dynamic parameters to use in the outbound API call.
On the Response page, select a database Connection, Database, and a key-value formatted Table in which to store the API response.
See Data Integration Validation.
- For inbound integrations, the system stores successful JSON responses only. For outbound integrations, the system stores any content type, up to 3,200 characters.
- To create a new table, type the table name and click +.
- For inbound integrations, the response table is required. For outbound integrations, if omitted, the system does not capture or store API responses.
- Click SAVE DATA INTEGRATION. The Workflows module reappears.