The SMWeb Classic home page provides links to download the sovclient file for launching the Java Client, to use the CMIC web pages (Networks, Devices and CMICs), or to navigate back to the Web Client.
- Although all users can access the SMWeb Classic home page, access to some of the Java Client tasks requires specific permissions. See User Roles.
- The CMIC web pages are used primarily by Teradata Customer Service Analysts and access requires specific permissions.
Open a browser and go to: https://<hostname or IP address of CMIC>:9981/CWA/home.asp
Any CMIC can be used.
IPV6 addresses must be surrounded by [square brackets].
Select Server Management Java Client (Classic) to download the sovclient-xx.xx.xx.xx.zip file, where xx.xx.xx.xx is the CMIC version.
The sovclient-xx.xx.xx.xx.zip file only needs to be downloaded if there is a CMIC version change. If you have problems connecting to the CMIC, try downloading the sovclient files again.
- Extract the zip file to an accessible location.
- Double-click sovclient-xx.xx.xx.xx.jar.
- Enter the <hostname or IP address of CMIC> .
Log on with your username and password.
If you need to launch the client from a script or program, use the following command line:
java -jar sovclient-xx.xx.xx.xx.jar -h <hostname or IP address of CMIC>
- [Optional] If the CMIC you are trying to connect to is down, try using a different CMIC in the system.