After inserting an execution plan into a QCD using INSERT EXPLAIN, view the Explain results graphically or textually.
The Select Execution Plan(s) to Open window appears.Select Execution Plan(s) to Open (Specific Plans)
Use the following steps to select a QCD:
- In the tree view, right-click the Query Capture Databases node to display a shortcut menu.
In the shortcut menu, select Browse QCD to list all Available QCD names under Query Capture Databases node.
Select a QCD from the list.
Right-click a QCD name and select Browse Plans.
The Browse QCD Plans dialog box appears.Browse QCD Plans
Use one of the following options:
In the Query Tag box, the symbols % and _ (underscore) are wildcards that can be used independently or in combination. The % symbol represents any string of zero or more arbitrary characters. For example, query% matches query, query1, query12, and so on. The _ symbol represents one arbitrary character. Therefore, any single character is acceptable in the position in which the _ appears.
- Enter a query tag name in the Query Tag box.
- Enter the query ID number in the Query ID box.
- Right-click a QCD name and select Browse Plans.
Select XML Plans to view the available XML plans in the selected QCD.
This option is available only for Teradata Database 13.10 and later.
- Click OK to retrieve the specified plans.
Select the checkbox next to one or more plans in the Available Execution Plans list.
Click Add All to add all available plans to the Selected Execution Plans list and skip the next step.
[Optional] To see complete statement text, select a QueryID in the Available List, right-click to select the Statement Text menu item for a specific QueryID.
For more information on the Statement Text dialog box, see Viewing Statement Text.
- Click Open to display the plans. The plans appear in the main window. For more information, see Summary Information Window.