Teradata Visual Explain provides a command line interface. Read the following topics for help using this interface:
- Command Line Switches
- Terms Used in Visual Explain
- Connecting to a Teradata Database
- Viewing Execution Plan(s)
- Opening Offline Execution Plans
- Opening Online Execution Plans
- Comparing Execution Plans Visually
- Comparing Execution Plans Using Text Reports
- Displaying Differences in Explain Text of Execution Plans
- Comparing Multiple Execution Plans Using Bulk Compare
The command examples in this topic are executed from the command line interface.
Command Line Interface
The same commands can be executed from the Run dialog box using TVEComp instead of VEComp.
Command examples in this chapter use a “code-type” of font that displays the letter “l” (as in “letter”) and the number “1” (one) using similar characters. For example, “l” is the letter and “1” is the number.